- To give an overview of the role of a Physical Therapist as part of a comprehensive medical team for concussion management to facilitate return to play, life and work. This course gives an overview of the components of a PT evaluation and treatment including cognitive, Vestibular, Musculoskeletal components and how a PT can help facilitate return to play.
- To define a Concussion
- To define the PT role in concussion management and recovery
- To give an overview of the Vestibular, Cognitive and Musculoskeletal assessment and treatment
- To summarize a PT role and ATC relationship to facilitate return to Play and Return to Life
- Name: Dr. Cheryl Mitchell, PT, DPT
- Title: Physical therapist; Owner/Founder
- Organization: Inspiration Physical Therapy and Consulting
- Bio: Cheryl Mitchell, PT, DPT received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2011 from Chatham University. She is certified in Graston, Astym, Concussion, SFMA and Pelvic floor, and Telehealth. She worked for a large PT corporation as a PT, Clinic Manager and Senior Clinic Manager from 2012 through March 2022. She wrote, presented and directed the company Concussion Program with her colleague Bryan Anderson, ATC. As part of this personal and profession initiative, she wrote CEUs for PTs, PTAs, NCMs, ATCs, OTs and worked with MDs and Marketing teams to spread concussion treatment awareness
In March 2022, she founded Inspiration Physical Therapy and Consulting with the purpose of continuing to spread education and awareness of concussion management, leadership and career development and to continue to provide patient care.
- AT, PT, OT, MD/DO, PhD/PsyD, RN
- Virtual, synchronous activity taking place via Zoom
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Therapeutic intervention
- No fee was charged for this activity
- Sway Medical (BOC AP#: P12055) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of (1.5) hours/Category A CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- This activity is not sponsored.
Required Materials and Equipment:
- This activity will require a computer or phone with a stable internet connection.