To Be Dizzy or Not To Be Dizzy: That Is The Vestibular System (Encore)
March 29, 2023
9:30 am ET
March 29, 2023
Cheryl Mitchell, PT, DPT
1.5 Category A CEUs
- Have you ever felt like the room was spinning or like you were on a boat when you were on solid ground? This course gives an overview of the vestibular system including different types of dizziness, how to assess them and treat the main causes of dizziness in athletes. It is geared toward the athletic training audience and focuses on balance and athletic injury contributions to dizziness.
- Define vertigo and describe how it is different from other dizziness
- Recognize and identify potential signs and symptoms consistent with posterior canal BPPV in an athlete
- Recognize the Dix-Hallpike Maneuver and the Epley Maneuver for treating posterior canal BPPV.
- Name: Cheryl Mitchell, PT, DPT
- Title: Owner/Founder
- Organization: Inspiration Physical Therapy and Consulting
- Bio: Cheryl Mitchell, PT, DPT received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2011 from Chatham University. She is certified in Graston, Astym, Concussion, SFMA and Pelvic floor, and Telehealth. She worked for a large PT corporation as a PT, Clinic Manager and Senior Clinic Manager from 2012 through March 2022. She wrote, presented, and directed the company Concussion Program with her colleague Bryan Anderson, ATC. As part of this personal and profession initiative, she wrote CEUs for PTs, PTAs, NCMs, ATCs, OTs and worked with MDs and Marketing teams to spread concussion treatment awareness. In March 2022, she founded Inspiration Physical Therapy and Consulting with the purpose of continuing to spread education and awareness of concussion management, leadership and career development and to continue to provide patient care.
- AT, PT, OT, MD/DO, PhD/PsyD, RN
- Virtual, synchronous activity taking place via Zoom
- Up to 1000
- Examination, assessment, and diagnosis
- Therapeutic Intervention
- FREE activity
- No fee was charged for this activity
- Sway Medical (BOC AP#: P12055) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of (1.5) hours/Category A CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- This activity is not sponsored.
Required Materials and Equipment:
- This activity will require a computer or phone with a stable internet connection.