September 27, 2023
Stacey Ritter, MS, ATC
1.5 Category A CEUs
- As research and best practices regarding concussion care continue to evolve, the effects on mental health can no longer be dismissed. The recent pandemic has also impacted emotional development of young people, and can further influence psychological well-being. This presentation seeks to update current understanding of how concussion can complicated pre-existing mental health issues, as well as cause psychological symptoms. Health care providers will be better able to assess and support whole-person recovery for better patient outcomes.
- Identify individual factors that may impact mental health after a concussion
- Recognize signs, symptoms and characteristics of mental health concerns in concussion patients
- Apply appropriate interventions to assist concussion patients who need mental health support
- Name: Stacey Ritter, MS, ATC
- Title: Owner/Athletic Trainer
- Organization: Concussion Navigation Services
- Bio: Stacey Ritter, MS, ATC has over 30 years of experience in the athletic training/sports medicine profession. She has worked with all ages and competitive levels, including Olympic and professional athletes. She is the owner of Concussion Navigation Services in San Luis Obispo, CA, providing baseline testing, injury management, professional development education and consulting using the most current, evidence-based standards of care. CNS is one of only 8 CCMI Certified Concussion Clinics in CA. Stacey has served on a variety of boards & committees and has co-authored several resource documents for the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA). She is a sought-after speaker at the local, state, district and national levels. Stacey has been honored with multiple awards of achievement, including both the Far West Athletic Trainers Association & NATA Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer, and NATA Athletic Training Service recognitions.
- AT, PT, OT, MD/DO, PhD/PsyD, RN
- Virtual, synchronous activity taking place via Zoom
- Up to 1000
- Injury and illness prevention and wellness promotion
- Examination, assessment, and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Health Care Administration and Professional Responsibility
- FREE activity
- No fee was charged for this activity
- Sway Medical (BOC AP#: P12055) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers (ATs). This program is eligible for a maximum of (1.5) hours/Category A CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- This activity is not sponsored.
Required Materials and Equipment:
- This activity will require a computer or phone with a stable internet connection.