The Sway data science and research team is looking for a talented Data Scientist to support the VP of Data Science and Research in day-to-day data project coordination and execution. The role will also be a key stakeholder in the identification and development of a long-term strategic data science road map for the company. Specifically, the Data Scientist will leverage Sway’s expansive clinical data to drive new product development and research opportunities. The Data Scientist will work closely with the Sway research and software development team on new test ideation, data collection, exploration, development, and transfer.
In this role, the Data Scientist will:
- Design and develop new analytical approaches to measuring cognitive, balance, and functional performance using data ubiquitously available on smart devices.
- Lead the transfer and accurate implementation of newly developed algorithms/tests to Sway’s software development team.
- Support Sway’s quality/regulatory team in the internal validation testing of new product implementation.
- Lead projects to improve Sway’s existing tests through advanced data science techniques.
- Lead normative data collection standards, methods, and analysis for all Sway clinical tests.
- Perform regular statistical updates of available normative data.
- Leverage Sway’s expansive internal database and external research partnership data to develop advanced machine learning solutions that either improve customer experience, enhance the accuracy of Sway tests, or enable additional healthcare product offerings.
- Work alongside the VP of Data Science and Research and Director of Product to develop creative ways to provide useful visualizations of Sway’s unique and expansive test data.
- Support regular data research partner data requests.
- Help develop a long-term, innovative data and test development strategy for Sway.
- Identify and promote unique external data partnership opportunities that will enhance Sway’s ability to develop and market innovative product offerings.